FA Respect Codes of Conduct for Young Players
Respect Code of Conduct
We all have a responsibility to promote
high standards of behaviour in the game.
As a player, you have a big part to play.
That’s why The FA is asking every player
to follow a Respect Code of Conduct.
When playing football, I will:
• Always play to the best of my ability
• Play fairly – I won’t cheat, complain
or waste time
• Respect my team-mates, the other team,
the referee or my coach/manager
• Play by the rules, as directed by
• Shake hands with the other team and
referee at the end of the game
• Listen and respond to what my coach/
team manager tells me
• Talk to someone I trust or the club welfare
officer if I’m unhappy about anything at
I understand that if I do not follow the Code,
any/all of the following actions may be
taken by my club, County FA or The FA:
• Be required to apologise to my team-mates,
the other team, referee or team manager
• Receive a formal warning from the coach or
the club committee
• Be dropped or substituted
• Be suspended from training
• Be required to leave the club.
• My club, County FA or The FA may make my
parent or carer aware of any infringements of
the Code of Conduct
• The FA/County FA could impose a fine and
suspension against my club.