North West London Jets FC Codes of Conduct
Expectations of Players
- Arrive on time for training and matches.
- Carry out instructions given by the coach or manager.
- Bring appropriate equipment to training and matches.
- Wear shin-pads at all times - for training and matches.
- Encourage other players by making positive, never negative or hurtful, comments.
- Refrain from swearing or other unacceptable language.
- Be respectful at all times to team members, opposition and coaches/managers.
- Accept decisions made by the officials without comment or protest.
- Conform to the rules set out in the league's Code of Conduct and FA's Respect Agenda.
Expectations of Parents/Spectators
- Notify the coach/manager as soon as possible (asap) if their child is unable to play in a match.
- Bring players to training and matches on time.
- Ensure that your child comes to training and matches fully equipped (with a drink, shin-pads, correct footwear and correct football strip).
- Support coaches/managers at training and matches.
- Respect decisions made by officials.
- Support and praise good play by both their team and the opposition.
- Refrain from touchline "coaching".
- Discuss concerns with coach/manger or club official in private.
- Conform to the rules as set out in the League's Code of Conduct and FA's Respect Agenda.
NWLJ's Code of Conduct is complementary to the Codes of Conduct drawn up by affiliated associations (appended). Parents, players, spectators, coaches, managers and club officials are expected to familiarise themselves with appropriate Codes of Conduct and be aware of the stated possible penalties in instances where they contravene NWLJ's Code of Conduct and/or any section or subsection of the Code(s) of Conduct published by the FA Respect Programme or League(s).
FA Respect Programme:
- Parents, players, spectators, coaches, managers and club officials have received, read and agreed to abide by the FA's Respect Campaign.
- NWLJ will expect everyone connected with the club to take due notice of the Respect agenda.
- The Executive Committee will deal accordingly and appropriately with anyone who contravenes aspects of the Respect Campaign regardless of whether the offending incident takes place at training, before, during or after a competitive/non-competitive match.
- The Committee will determine any sanction(s) that need(s) to be imposed arising from any incident(s) reported to them.
- The Committee's decision will be final.
- NWLJ is an inclusive club.
- It recruits girls and boys of the Jewish faith regardless of their playing ability.
- The club reserves the right to hold trials for the purpose of publicising the club and recruiting new players.
- Girls or boys will not be subject to discrimination on grounds of skill and/or ability as a player.
- The club is fully compliant with the Disability Discrimination Act and equal opportunities legislation
- It reserves the right to refuse a child where there is serious risk to their own health and safety or others.
- The number of players accepted to represent the club will be limited in accordance with League rules.
- NWLJ will seek to develop and enhance the skills and understanding of all players, enabling them to improve both on and off the ball.
- Encourage positive team play and ethos during training and competitive matches.
- NWLJ reserves the right to adopt a rotation system when appropriate and will inform parents accordingly.
- NWLJ will seek to develop positive links with a club or clubs with a similar ethos in order to provide greater opportunities for Jewish players to go on and play football in Jewish youth or adult leagues.
- NWLJ's Executive Committee will strive to be approachable, open and accountable and will schedule an annual meeting with parents to discuss concerns, suggestions for improving the Club, etc.
- The club will maintain records of income and expenditure which will be made available for parents and the affiliated County Football Association for inspection.
- Parents will also be provided with an opportunity to table motions, nominate and vote for members of the Executive Committee.